How to Get an Iran Travel Visa
Getting an Iranian tourist visa is not very difficult and we will help guide you through the process. It is just a question of filing out a couple of forms, paying a visa fee and waiting for the visa to be issued.
American tourists are almost never denied a visa. The visa process itself is not very difficult, but it is somewhat slow. Up until recently it had been taking around 8 weeks to receive a visa. But in late 2017 the Iranian Foreign Ministry began to issue what they call “e-visas”.
Still your visa application form still needs to be mailed to the Iranian Interest Section in Washington along with your passport. But the whole processing time has been shortened and simplified. This is good news for American tourists.
If you have had an Israeli entrance stamped on your passport within the past year you will not be issued a visa. You would have to get a brand new passport. This has changed from time to time, but at present this situation holds true and is something that is beyond our control.
We will be ready to help you with any questions you have during the visa process. We understand the process can be a little confusing. So do not hesitate to call or write us with any questions.
IRAN TRAVEL VISA PROCESS
To apply for an Iranian visa you must send in your passport along with a money order, address
form, and “Visa Grant Notice/Visa Submission Notice” obtained through E-Visa website.
Citizens of countries who are listed in the E-Visa website must apply directly at the Iranian
Interests Section in Washington DC. Please follow the visa procedure as stated below.
To apply for an Iranian visa, the following steps need to be taken:
1. Download, print out and read the Iran Visa Instructions Form 101 > http://www.daftar.org/forms/visas/101.pdf
2. Visit the eVisa web portal for Iran > http://e_visa.mfa.ir
3. In the eVisa section titled “Individuals and Travelers”, click on “Apply Now”
4. On the right side of the page, carefully review the “Important; Before You Start” section
5. Click on “Start a Visa Application”
6. In the “Visa Type”, you can choose “Tourist”, “Pilgrimage”, or “Family”. If you need to apply for
other types of visa, your travel agency should apply for it on your behalf.
7. Follow the steps to complete the application.
8. When finished, “Visa Application Submission Notice” will appear on your screen
9. Print it out and send it along with your passport and a money order for your visa fees (listed on the Visa Instructions Form) to the Interests Section of Iran in Washington, DC, at the address below:
EMBASSY OF PAKISTAN
INTERESTS SECTION OF THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN
1250 23RD STREET N.W. SUITE # 200, WASHINGTON, DC 20037
10. The Interest Section will notify you if further steps are required.
11. Wait for your passport to be received back, with the visa inside it.
12. Let us know you have received the visa so we can complete your tour arrangements.
Please note carefully: Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months AFTER your planned arrival date in Iran.
When mailing your applications and passports to the Iranian Interests Section, it is a good idea to send it either FedEx or Priority Mail with tracking for safety’s sake, since your passports are enclosed. Of course, if you are in the Washington, DC area you can pick up the visa yourself and save the $40 shipping charge.